Friday, March 27, 2009

A week in review

Sunday night: completely lost it at the airport when saying goodbye to Bond. As in, bawled my eyes out, completely inconsolable. Cried all the way through security. And Customs. Three hours of sleep out of 10 on the way to Houston because of turbulence and the early stages of what turned into the worse cold I've ever had. Another 2 hour flight home and I thought I was going to be carried off the plane in a body bag. Pure misery.

Monday-Thursday: Contemplating going to the ER; sleeping; ordering groceries from Peapod since I lost FOUR POUNDS while in Brazil (!); coughing so hard I got SICK in the shower; sleeping; my mom coming to the rescue and curing me with homemade chicken noodle soup; sleep, sleep and more sleep; drama with the housing situation (as in, we still don't have one); more naps, followed by sleeping 9 hours straight last night with no trips to the loo in the middle of the night! How'd that happen?!

Friday: Long shower, shaved my legs, changed the sheets in the "hot zone" that was our bedroom, getting a manicure and a pedicure and returning to the land of the living!

Never in my life have I been knocked down by a cold like this! But lesson learned, even though I still don't look pregnant (and try as I might to imagine that the little "bump" I've had forever is anything other than a cry for more cardio!), I definitely am and that means taking it easy! Holy cow. Still get tired easily, but to anyone pregnant out there, a word of advice: just don't get sick. Fighting a cold with Tylenol is like plugging a hole in a dam with your finger. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, bless your heart! I was terrified I'd end up getting sick when we went to the US for Christmas (something about leaving behind 90 degree weather for ice and snow). I was so excited I stayed healthy . . . and then I got sick a couple weeks after returning to Brasil.

    I don't think I was as bad off as you were, but a cold is completely miserable while prego. Oh how I longed for a big ol' dose of Nyquil so I could breath long enough to sleep.

    Glad to hear you're better though. And good luck on the house situation. It may not seem like it now, but I promise you'll find somewhere to live - I've never heard of an expat living in a cardboard box. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Isn't it awful?! I am not that big of a baby when I'm sick, I usually just plow thru, but yes, Nyquil would have saved the day! Still have a cough, but feel 1000x better!

    Very true, no cardboard boxes for us! The moving/relo company came this morning to assess all of our "stuff" and trying to figure out what we'll take or store with no idea what type of house we'll be in eventually, was a little maddening for the relo guy! Hope to have a plan soonish!

    ReplyDelete