Friday, March 20, 2009

Hold, please.

Essentially, that is what our potential landlord told us today. Apparently, this rental process is new to them so they want to take the weekend to think about our counter-offer. Understandable since it was a bit aggressive, but it's going to be a LONG weekend nonetheless!

Bond has been working long hours and has to work tomorrow, possibly on Sunday, too. I feel so bad that he has so much on his plate and he feels bad that he can't spend more time with me, but at least we are together, even if only at night for a few hours.

Today I had lunch with one of Bond's co-worker's wives. She is Argentinian and also pregnant! She is very sweet and we had a great time talking over a long lunch. They are looking in the same areas we are for a house, so hopefully we'll be neighbors! We already have plans to find prenatal exercise classes and it will be so nice to have someone close by to commiserate with, especially if our husbands are going to be gone as much as we think they will be! 

I leave for the States on Sunday night and then Bond has a killer week here while I attempt to earn at least one free miles ticket with all the "stuff" we need to buy back home! He gets back next Saturday and is home for a week before he comes back down for another week or so. Hopefully, I can come back with him for the first week he's here, even if I am just eating bonbons by the pool all day and slowly becoming a "lady who lunches!" Ha! So not the case...I only drink fruit juice by the pool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment