Wednesday, April 22, 2009

So excited, I just had to post!

Congratulations, Eric and Emily!

I have been reading about their adventures for well over a year now and their blog (and several others!) is one of the main reasons I came around to the idea of moving to Brasil in the first place! It's really crazy how you feel like you get to know someone over the internet, isn't it?! So excited for them and Miss Gabriela and can't wait to read about what's next for them...and us, too! :)

And since I'm here and posting, a quick update on our end...

Visas have been submitted and we pick them up TOMORROW, baby shower and going away party on Saturday (and our 1 year anniversary, though, I think our gift to each other is going to be a babymoon in June...or a puppy, but I think that's a bit too much change in one year, so we'll see!) and then on Monday and Tuesday the movers come to pack up all of our stuff and the "Babies R Us" store that has opened up in our living room these past few weeks! No joke, we have bought EVERYTHING this little girl is going to need for the first 3 months of life, but I still feel like I'm forgetting something. We ordered most everything online to get better deals and to avoid sales tax, so when we went to Target yesterday to get some other last minute things, I almost started crying when I walked down one of the baby aisles! It is just so overwhelming to see all of that "stuff" in one place...and SO MANY options! Immediately, I felt like grabbing a cart and walking down the aisle with my arm out to push as much stuff in as possible to make sure we have everything! Thinking that would be awkward, I grabbed Bond and was like, "get me out of here before I make you question why you married me!"

So, I'm now banned from mega box stores before we leave and that is fine with me! The only things left to shop for are clothes for me and the bump, which almost brings on another bout of tears! I swear, slap the word "wedding" or "baby" on something and it goes up at least 50%! I fear that Bond is going to have a stroke as more boxes come from UPS and FedEx everyday and though I never thought I'd say this, I am TIRED of shopping! And now, shopping for myself when I'm getting bigger is the last thing I want to do, especially when I've seen maternity jeans for $200 (!) so...I'm thinking mumu's. 


Okay, gotta run and finish crossing things off my 5 page list! 

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are stocking up! If it seemed overwhelming to go to Target now in the baby section, wait until you've been in Brazil for awhile... walking into any shopping area feels foreign and overwhelming to the point of tears! haha. But that is what makes life interesting.

    A note on CLOTHING - just my two cent's worth but when it comes to the maternity wardrobe, today's styles are quite forgiving and accomodating (the tunic and maxi-dress look). Get a couple of decent bottoms (shorts, skirts, whatever) but chances are you will be able to get some "regular" tops. I still get into some of my regular clothes at the very end of pregnancy including all of my yoga/workout pants as well as longer, looser tops. Get bella bands as well, then you don't have to buy as many maternity things (I wore regular jeans last night with mine and I am ready to pop anytime)!

    Best of luck and I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on finding out it´s a girl. No matter how mch shopping you do, when you get to Brazil you will realize you forgot something. Don´t sweat it!! Besides, you have to have shopping to do on your visits back Stateside, right? I found neat maternity clothes at Old Navy - reasonable too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DRL - Very true! I think I need to stock up on pocket-sized tissues, too! :)

    So funny you wrote that because I went to a few maternity stores here yesterday and about had a heart attack! $120 for a maxi-type dress! I went to Marshall's (like a TJ Maxx, not sure if they have those in Canada, but they have nice stuff for a much nicer price!) and I bought similar dress from anywhere from $12 - $30! Already have bella bands and glad to know they should last awhile, too! When are you due again? In a month or so?! So fun!! Did you ever start that baby blog? ;)

    Corinne - Thank you! Bond keeps having mini-panic attacks whenever I bring home more pink stuff and asks, "what if it's NOT a girl?! What if they were wrong?!" ha ha!

    You're right...I'm also realizing that after Tuesday once our sea and air shipment is gone, we will just have to "make do" and I'm SO RELIEVED! Just when I make headway on my list, I think of something else to add to it! :)

    ReplyDelete